Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I create an application?
First of all, you have to create an account. It is very simple, and 100% free. After that, you can create your own apps for iPhone/iPod. Just click on App Templates and select the one you want to use.
2. I finished my application, what is next?
Now you have to make sure that your application is ready for release. Go to App Store Properties. Make sure that your Application icon(57x57) is identical with the iTunes icon (1024x1024) but in different sizes. Fill in required information and click Save. Once you click on the submit button, one of our build engineers will test your application and make sure it works properly. If there are any broken links, buttons that don't work or content that doesn't comply with Guidelines we will reject it. Check your app status on website to see when your application gets approved/rejected.
3. Application Status
In-Design (Unpaid) - 0
In-Design (Paid) - 1
Ready-For-Release - 2
In-Review - 3
In-App Store - 4
4. Do I need a Developer certificate?
Only if you want your app with your own company name as author. To find out about how to generate a certificate, please follow this link
5. How long will it take for my app to be approved?
It takes on average 3-10 business days, however the process may take longer. 3-10 days is just an estimate based on our past experience with Apple's review process. Please note that Apple does not provide any timeframe estimate on how long the process may take. Max we've seen was 1 month. We'll be responsible for fixing any technical issues. On your side we expect cooperation in adding proper quality content and follow our guidelines and Apple's requirements.
6. My first question is if the app data will be saved on the mobile device, does that mean even if there is no internet the data will still be available on the mobile device?
Yes. All data is deployed to App Store/Google Play Store/Amazon Appstore and saved on mobile device. Even if device has no internet connection, the app will still work.
7. I have an iPhone app, how can I publish it on Google Play Store as Android app?
We specialize in creating rich content native apps for iPhone and Android too. We try to keep these technologies separate, i.e. if you want a single app to be submitted to both markets then you have to duplicate your content in two separate apps (one for App Store and one for Google Play Store) - we do provide the tools to make this efficiently. To find out about how to duplicate an app, please follow this link
8. Where I can find the SeattleClouds tutorials? Do I need to pay for them?
You can find all our tutorials in our Help page. We are offering our tutorials FOR FREE.
9. How do I insert a YouTube video?
- Open YouTube.
- Copy Embed code (it is under the video)
- Go to SeattleClouds >Find yourpage.html >click on Edit
- Click on YouTube button (left side toolbox area)
- Paste the code into YouTube box.
Make sure that your video's Embed code is set to 320x265 video resolutions or less, so you can see your video in portrait mode.
10. How do I sell an app on App Store?
If you want to sell your app on App Store you will need to create Your DEV Account with Apple under your name or your company name. To enroll into iPhone program go to http://developer.apple.com/programs/iphone
You will sign a contract with Apple and receive payments directly from Apple.
11. Regarding your price plans, can you tell me with the subscription package if I stop paying this monthly at a future point... what happens to the apps that have already been created and put on the App Store?
If you stop paying at a future point the apps will still be available for download from the App Store, Google Play or Amazon Appstore. Subscription based apps will try to connect online and check your payment status. If it detects you cancelled your payment, it will popup a warning message. Message goes away when you resume your subscription payments. If you don't want a monthly subscription payment schedule, you can always to buy out your app for a single, one-time fee. Apps that you purchase upfront are not making any online verifications and will never popup warning messages.
12. Can I use PDF files?
There are no restrictions about using PDF files. But for reading them or inserting them into app you will need to upload your PDF file and link to it from your app page.
13. Can I update a Live application?
You can update your app content by unlimited times.
14. Do I need new binaries every time I update my app on SeattleClouds?
You need new binaries if you updated a large number of files or large media files in your app. You can only sync small files.
To find out about how to use our SYNC feature, please follow this link
15. Does it work on iPhone 5?
Yes, It is currently tested and verified to work on iPhone 5, 4S, 4, 3GS and iPod Touch 5th, 4th generation
16. Does my iPhone app work on iPad?
Yes, all iPhone apps will work on iPad in magnified mode. We have templates designed specifically for iPad large screen. You need to publish a separate app for iPad only if you want to make use of the large iPad screen - 768 x 1024 px
17. Can I create my app in my own editor and then add it to SeattleClouds?
Click on Backup button in your application Dashboard. Unzip downloaded file. Use Dreamweaver or any other editor to edit your HTML. Keep all your files in the root folder. Do not create subfolders.
When done, zip your folder, go to your app dashboard and Restore project with your own Zip.
18. How can I edit the app name on SeattleClouds? Will it appear in App Store/Google Play Store/Amazon Appstore?
The project name on SeattleClouds.com website is just an identifier and not your app name. Your app name and description will appear in App Store/Google Play Store/Amazon Appstore exactly as you type it in your App Dashboard -> App Store Proprieties/Google Play Proprieties/Amazon Appstore Proprieties or in submission process. We will not append any promotional info.
19. How long does it take for a binary building process?
Binary build process will take 1-2 business days.
20. AdMob, how can I use it?
On App Settings menu of your App Dashboard you'll find an Ad Mob settings page. Paste your AdMob Publisher ID there. This is a string you get on AdMob website.
21. How to get an AdMob Publisher ID?
Follow these steps and you'll have your AdMob Publisher ID in no time!
1. Go to AdMob.com and sign up.
2. Choose Add Site/App from the menu
3. Pick 'Android App'
4. Fill in the App Name, Category and App description. You don't need to enter the Android Package URL as you won't know it until you've put your app up in Google Play anyways. Leave that completely blank.
(Make sure you remove all text from the URL field if you don't use it, e.g. remove the default "market://" text.)
5. Click OK.
6. You'll then see a screen that talks about the AdMob Android SDK. This is the confusing part. Just ignore it and click the 'Go to Sites/Apps' button at the bottom. You don't need to download the SDK or anything. SeattleClouds takes care of that part for you already.
7. Now you'll see a list of your Apps. Find the app you just added and hover over the name with your mouse. You'll see a Manage Settings button appear. Click it.
8. That's it. You'll see your Publisher ID up at the top. It is below the App Name and below the Site URL. It is labelled 'Publisher ID' and is a 15 character code (alphanumeric).
22. How can I delete an App (project) from My Application List?
If you want to delete an Unpaid app (app that is not added in our subscription plan) find the X Delete button bellow your application icon in Application Dashboard.
If you want to delete a Paid app (an app that is added in your subscription plan) please open a Support Ticket and we will unlock this app for you (make it unpaid).
23. Where I can find the app binary download link for my Instant Build request?
You should receive an email with link for downloading.
Please check your spam folder. Sometimes an email can arrive and promptly be placed in your spam or junk folder.
If you are missing an email from us, please check there first and be sure to add the email to your "whitelist" of approved emails.
However, if you didn't received an email with link for downloading your app binary you can find this download link in your App Dashboard, bellow "Ready To Publish" button.
24. How to convert pages?
To convert pages, follow next steps:
- Open your application in SeattleClouds
- Click on Edit Pages
- Select the page you want to convert from the list of your Pages and click Edit.
- Above the Save button, you can find Convert link. Click on it and select a new type of page to convert to.
- Press Convert button.
Important: Page type conversion will erase all information on your page.
25. How to change the background image for my app?
To change background image from your application follow next steps:
- Click on Design Properties
- In Properties list find Background Image and click on it like in the image below.
- Select a background image from the Gallery, Search, or Upload from computer.
- Click Add to Resources button and click Choose.
- Click Apply Changes to save your changes and click Done.
If you don’t want a background, you can only set a background color:
26. How to change the Tabs number and Tabs Icons?
You can change your app Navigation Settings from your App Dashboard. From Navigation Setting section you can change the tabs number, tabs text and tabs icons.
Also, from Navigation Settings you can change your App Navigation type (No Tabs, Standard Tabs, Custom Tabs or Wheel Navigation).
27. What is the Splash Screen used for?
Splash screen is an image that appears when application loads. It covers the entire screen and lasts as long as the application loads (usually few seconds). The purpose of a splashscreen is to disguise the length of time that an application takes to load.
28. Should your application icon and iTunes icon be the same, just one bigger and one smaller?
Yes. App icon and iTunes icon should be the same image, just different resolution.
iPhone/iPod Touch icon: 57x57 px
iPad icon: 72x72 px
iTunes Bigicon: 1024x1024 px
29. Approval Process
Application approval is subjective to our review and Apple's review process. We will not approve and submit apps that are incomplete, have broken links, broken functionality, have inappropriate content, are part of a scam or infringe on copyright laws. Application qualified as purely marketing ad with limited, or no functionality, will not be approved. SeattleClouds and Apple reserves the right to reject an application based on a subjective evaluation of the reviewer.
30. Do I need an Apple Developer account or can I submit under SeattleClouds's account?
SeattleClouds will ONLY accept to submit under its company's account applications that meet ALL of the following requirements:
- provides high usability to the end user,
- is rich in content, informative and instructive,
- contains offline multimedia content such as audio or video,
- contains interactive native pages,
- has a professional look and feel and an original design,
- is not designed to promote a brand name we don't own,
- contains no copyrighted material without the express permission of the copyright holder,
- can not be classified as posing a potential copyright issue
- is published for FREE distribution
If any of these requirements are not met, SeattleClouds will NOT submit the app under its company account and will require you to enroll in Apple's iOS program at http://developer.apple.com/programs/ios
IMPORTANT: If your application promotes a brand name or a registered trademark you are required to have your own development account with Apple.
31. What is a Push Notification for iOS? How Push Notifications work?
Push Notifications for iOS apps alows an application to listen for messages being 'pushed' to it from the server. Through Push Notification, your application can communicate with your users even when the app is closed.
When can I use a Push Notification?
Any event that can generate a notification can also generate a push notification. You can have notifications sent to your app users when you want to announce an update, report news, invite to read a new post, ask for a review, any info related to your iPhone app your users will find valuable.
To enable push notifications in your app:
This info is for app owners that have their apps under their own dev accounts.
1. Go to Push Notifications screen.
2. Follow instructions to Create an APN Certificate and upload it.
3. If you have created already a .MOBILEPROVISION file, create a new one (only follow steps 9 .. 15 from http://seattleclouds.com/provhelp.aspx)
4. If your application is already in App Store, click Build Binaries and replace existing .MOBILEPROVISION with the new one. When binaries are ready, update them on itunesconnect.apple.com
5. When new binaries are approved, just go to Push Notifications screen, type your push message and hit Push button.
32. How to set price for an app approved to App Store? (Credits to Mark Brooks for the answer. Thank you!)
Let me assume your App is online in the App Store. If this is true, login iTunesConnect and select Manage Your Applications.
Once in Manage Your Applications, select the application name:
Once inside the App, click on Rights and Pricing:
Once in Rights and Pricing:
1. Select the Tier you want to set for pricing.
2. In the effective date selection, set to "Now"
3. In the end date selection, set to "None"
4. Select Save Changes
If you need further instruction, you may want to check out the iTunesConnect Developer Guide.
33. How to upgrade my plan without repaying setup fee? (Credits to Mark Brooks for the answer. Thank you!)
Follow the instructions below:
First, click on "profile" in the menu bar and then click on "Subscriptions".
Second, click on the left link to view your subscription information.
Third, select "Upgrade"
34. Tool Box Explanation
35. Report Violations
If you are suspecting someone is a scammer, if somebody is spamming you with unsolicited messages or chat requests, if you encounter any inappropriate content such as harassment messages, nude images please report these violations immediately. To report a violation, navigate in the menu to Help/Report Violations or click here, fill in report violation form and click submit. You can also use the Report Violation shortcut present at the bottom of any page on SeattleClouds website and Facebook app. We appreciate your cooperation and thank you for helping us maintaining a clean web content.